Le 11/02/16 17:38, Norbert Irmer a écrit :

>> The new version I have put on http://people.apache.org/~elecharny should
>> solve the problem : instead of getting the lock whe  we enter in the
>> flushScheduledEvents() event, we exit immediately, doing nothing but
>> incrementing the number of scheduled-events, instead of getting the
>> lock. That means the thread which actually hold this lock will process
>> all the enqueued messages itself, until the counter get down to 0.
>>
>> Can you give this version a try ?
>
> Looks very good, I am running my application now for 20 minutes or so, and
> still
> have no deadlock.
>
> I am using now your snapshot versions without any changes. This is very nice,
> now it's possible to send a pull request for proxy support to the QuickFixJ
> people
> the next time you do a Mina  release.
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Norbert

Glad that seems to be fixed !

Norbert, I have to tell you that I really appreciated your patience, and
I'm really sorry to have tried to deflect the prb for a couple of days.
I really thought it was something else, and it took me some time (and
the price was sleep deprivation :/) to realize that there were a deadlock.

Worst part : this deadlock was already detected months ago by Terence
Marks (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-1019), a patch was
proposed, and I fucked it up thinking it was overdoing. My bad...

I'm going to cut a release asap. Expect it to be ready by the beginning
of next week.

thanks a lot !