I did read that section to see where things may be going wrong and didn't see
anything that's different than what we are doing.

Now, to explain a bit about our project, so far the MINA server is listening
on one port and protocol encoder and decoder seems to be working fine.

Recently we changed this model so that our MINA server will start listening
on two ports one for the old way or reading client requests and the new one
for parsing the client data (using the protocol decoder and storing the same
in the MINA session) before the client request is handed over to the MINA
server.

In this new flow, I see that the ProtocolDecoder where I introduced the
parsing of the client request to store few pieces of data in the MINA
session is working fine.  And I could see that the request is successfully
being processed and required response being generated.

The problem is, I don't see that the data that's getting written into the
MINA write queue is being handed over to the ProtocolEncoder and the
response reached the client successfully.

One question to you is, is starting MINA to accept client connections on two
ports wrong?  So I don't think that's anything wrong after going through the
MINA documentation.  So currently I have two of the independent:

1)  NioSocketAcceptors binding to two different ports
2) Two independent filter chains to support rules on the two different
accepting ports
3) As part of the filters, two independent ProtocolCodecFactories that have
their own ProtocolEncoder and ProtocolDecoder implementations.

Do you think MINA server will not be able to process sessions that are bound
to two different ports?

Please let me know if you need further info/code snippets.