Pheewww - spent a couple of hours chasing a bug - getting very late again ...

After upgrading from Trinidad 1.0.1/MyFaces to Trinidad 1.2.1/JSF RI 1.2.04
all my "validateDoubleRange" tags stopped working completely.
Probably other validators are also affected.

If I understand the problem correctly:
These methods

org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.validator.DoubleRangeValidator.saveState()/restoreState()
do not save the fields minimumSet/maximumSet of superclass
javax.faces.validator.DoubleRangeValidator:

However the validate method of Trinidad's DoubleRangeValidator delegates to
super() which
thinks that neither minimum or maximum is set, so validation always passes.

How to fix this?

BTW: I don't yet understand why client side validation does not kick in even
before
the wrong value gets to the server.