We could probably wrap this up into a better package and allow it to be called from the initialContext.close() method so you don't have to have any OpenEJB code in your test case.

Ok. I implemented the initialContext.close() logic. It only works on the InitialContext, calling close on any subcontexts will do nothing. As well it only works on the initialContext that booted OpenEJB, subsequent initialContext only refer to the already booted OpenEJB and therefore have to authority/ability to shutdown the container.

Give it a try if you get the chance. New snapshots are being uploaded as we speak.

I have noticed an ActiveMQ shutdown issue (doesn't fully shutdown so restart is not possible), but aside from that it should be pretty functional.

-David