> On Apr 8, 2017, at 12:34, cres...@aol.com wrote:
>
> I need your help. You see I am a disable person and unable open .pptx files
> for my wife in her email attachments. I am an openoffice user for many years
> and basically use the word processor and spreadsheet app. Do you have any
> suggestions on what I should download or add to my openoffice….

You don't tell us what operating system you are using, but in general this
should work:

Right click on the .pptx file and select Open With - OpenOffice  [select
'always use for this file type if offered].

----
Julian Thomas   - http://jt-mj.net

“Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.” ―
Frederick Douglass