-------- Original Message --------
From: International Aircraft Collection <i...@iaircraft.co>
To: users@openoffice.apache.org <users@openoffice.apache.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 05:42:41 +0000

> Helllo,
>

> I just lost all my work on this page.  All my years work is now gone.
>

> Peaseeeee help me restore it. Please see attached file
>

> Best Regards
>
> James Smith

Hi James,

Sorry to say that there is nothing in your file to restore/recover,
because it contains nothing but 32,768 bytes of zeros. So unless you
have a backup, your work is permanently lost.

For future reference I suggest:

 1. You save your work in ODF (*_O_*pen*_D_*ocument *_F_*ormat ISO/IEC
    26300:2006 standard http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ODF), not the old
    MS Excel binary format.
    If an ODF file becomes corrupted there is more chance of recovery.

 2. If you don't already make backups of your important files, you
    should do so. There are numerous options for backing up computer
    files and many of them are free.

Regards

Dave