On Wed, 10 May 2017 13:32:50 -0700
<paulhuffing...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am a total neophyte in computers but wish to try creating a data base to
> mange physical files.
> When trying to create a Data Base I get messages that I must install and
> access Java JRE.
> I believe  I have down loaded the correct JRE but I cannot create the data
> base after following the instructions TOOLS; OPTIONS; JAVA Etc.
> The Users List seems to be the only place I can go for help.
> I can’t find anyone to talk to in OO
>
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

OpenOffice, being a 32 bit application, requires a 32bit Java installed on your
computer (can live alongside other Java versions) and selected in /Tools
/Options /OpenOffice : Java.

Download from https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp A 32 bit Java will
have 586 in its filename; download the offline installer and install it on your
computer, then select it (as above).

OpenOffice being an opensource project, available for free download,  there is
no paid support staff.  Support is offered, on this list and on the OO Forums,
by users on a pro bono basis in their own time.
--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>