On 5/11/2017 1:59 PM, Paul Huffington wrote:
> Thanks. I believe that I have tried all that but still no success.
>  One thing I noted however was that the screen where you check that you
> want to run a JAVA Runtime environment, also says:
>  "Java Runtime Environments already installed"
> Does this "installed": refer to the computer in general or to the
> particular Database I am trying to work with? Is it possible that I did
> succeed in installing a JRE but possibly the wrong one? How can I check
> this?
Just below that text is an area that will show all 32 bit JRE's that are
installed on your computer. If you have a 32 bit JRE installed it will
show in that area and should have a filled radio button before the
vendor and version information. If that area is blank there is no 32 bit
JRE installed.

For a visual representation of what you should see if a proper JRE is
installed and functioning for AOO see the following link to the 4.x User
Guide in development.
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide/Options/AOO#Making_Java_work_on_Apache_OpenOffice

Regards
Keith
PS Please reply only to the list and not to my personal e-mail address.