Thank you, Rory.

Cindy

On May 23, 2017, at 1:27 AM, Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie> wrote:

On Mon, 22 May 2017 21:00:23 -0400
Cindy Chan <cycc...@ipoline.com> wrote:

> Hi, Rory,
>
> Thank you for your suggestions, but  I do not see how the checksum for
> extension can prevent Norton to remove the language pack download for Open
> Office 4.1.3 as I don't even have a chance to see the file.
>
> Please enlighten.
>
> Cindy

I can't speak for Norton which I have not had on a computer in thirty years,
but if the file you download is accessible the described method proves it is or
isn't as it left the code factory.  If it is as it left the code factory you
may reasonably assume it is virus free and override Norton.  It is my
experience that files downloaded from the main OpenOffice source
/www.openoffice.org/download (as redirected) are virus free, but the decision
to install or not must ultimately be yours.

RoryOF

.>

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>