hi.
did you try uninstalling and reinstalling program?
whats your idea about libreoffice?
for me, this problems occur and i should open my files again.
sometimes after crashing these programs, i should recover my files and
open them.
i recommend to activate create backup copy of your files and Save
AutoRecovery information every: in options load-save general!

On 8/9/17, comprehensivehomeinspecti...@hotmail.com
<comprehensivehomeinspecti...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> We use Open Office for our business, & we recently bought a new device
> (Nextbook Flexx10 with Windows 8.1) and downloaded the latest version of
> Open Office. It was working fine at first then it started kicking us off the
> program saying "A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly.
> Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution becomes
> available". It will let us open a blank document but not one of our
> documents that we were currently working on. Also the keyboard will
> momentarily freeze at the same time. We're in the middle of an important
> business report & need to get it working again asap. What should we do? Any
> suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We've never had any issues with
> Open Office in the past.
>
> Comprehensive Home Inspections
>
> Your peace of mind is our priority!

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.