Bjoern Penning wrote:
Hi

I have a very strange problem with openoffice2. First of all I'm using openoffice 2.04 with Scientific Linux Fermi LTS release 4.2 which is basically RH8 and GNOME as windowmaker. Everyting worked fine until now. Whenever I try opening or saving a file the blue progress bar runs through but afterwards the complete gui hangs. The only way of getting rid of it is killing OO. I tried deleting my .openoffice dir, reinstalling it etc. Even on different machines using my account and using different windowmanger it won't work. I not able to open or save aany file. Using my laptop I 'm able to open the files I created and tried to save on the affected machine. It asks for recovery which can successfully be done. So it seems that the actual process of writing the file has been performed but the file has not been closed correctly.

Any ideas. Haven't found anything like that in any thread or using google.

Thanks, Cheers

Bjoern

I would try in a different desktop. There may be something in your Gnome settings which is causing a problem.

--

Xfce on PCLinuxOS, OOo 2.0.2 (en_GB).
Direct mail to teaman is not opened; if necessary, email realmail.