In my opinion Open Office - whilst generally excellent - has a serious
flaw when compared to MS Excel.

Calculation speed.

I'm comparing to an old version (Excel '97), but I would estimate that
on any decent sized spreadsheet where such things are noticeable and
measurable that OO Calc is about 5-10x slower than Excel. It makes big
spreadsheets very difficult to work with, and I'm thinking of
reinstalling Excel (just Excel, not Word etc) for this reason. This is
with normal maths formulae (+, -, *, /, sum etc) - nothing fancy.

I raised a DEFECT for this, but it was instantly closed (by 'FST') on
the grounds that it was more a subjective opinion than an actual defect.
I suppose there is some justification for this, however one could also
argue that a complete crash could be classified the same way - just
avoid doing the thing that caused the crash and all will be well - and I
don't think anyone would agree that would be reasonable.

So, the question is this - I think Calc has a serious flaw that will
stop potential users with big spreadsheets from using it (it is about to
stop me, anyway). How do I lodge that fact in the system in such a way
it might be addressed at some point? I do not think I am alone in
thinking this.