2007/12/14, Mettananda Armstrong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> To whom it may concern,
> Since upgrading to Leopard, each time I start Open Office, X11
> activates as usual, but I must wait until I receive a "Command Timed
> Out" dialogue box. It is only after I click on the Okay button that
> Open Office loads and opens.
> I've not had this issue using Open Office under OSX.4 "Tiger". This
> first occurred when I installed OSX.5 "Leopard" as an upgrade, I have
> since re-installed Leopard as an "Erase & Install" and have downloaded
> and installed the latest version of Open Office - Ver 2.3. Is there
> anything I can do to stop this delay in the loading of the
> application????
>
> Yours Sincerely
> M. Stephen Armstrong

Hello,

Leopard  comes with a brand new version of the X11 windowing utility.
Apparently this wasn't tested sufficiently before Leopard was released, thus
causing problems like the one you describe.
It is therefore best to update Leopard to 10.5.1 (or newer), since Apple now
includes updates and bug fixes for X11, (or Xquartz/XDarwin, whatever it's
called now). Moreover, new versions of X11 can be found here:
http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/xquartz/wiki
(they're at vs. 2.1.1)
The other option was to start X11 manually (from applications>utilities)
before starting OOo...

HTH
--
Guy
using dutch OOo 2.3 m221 on a iMac Intel DualCore Tiger