On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 5:13 AM, Maor <mlipc...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Spyro, thanks for the advice,
> I didn't tried this approach before, but its definitely worth trying if
> it solved your problem.
>
> I was thinking first, trying some little troubleshooting,
> Terry, I saw in one response, part of this thread, you were added a file
> named "me", by touching it in the ISO mounted directory.
> Can you please try the following:
> mv me me.iso
> sudo chown 36:36 me.iso #(36:36 equals to vdsm:kvm)
> and then try to run getIsoList as before:
> vdsClient -s 0  getIsoList 9775f154-7578-4e22-ae44-4664b298a8cc
>
> If it still didn't return any files, try changing the file mode (just a
> hunch on this)
> sudo chmod 666 me.iso
>
> Hope it works, if it does, we can try to troubleshooting the other files.
>
>
Hey, this DID work:

vdsClient -s 0  getConnectedStoragePoolsList
f465251e-5679-11e1-ba81-97917332892e

[root@oravm2 11111111-1111-1111-1111-111111111111]# vdsClient -s 0
getIsoList f465251e-5679-11e1-ba81-97917332892e
------ ISO list with proper permissions only -------
me.iso

An "ls -l" shows:

# ls -l
total 3507192
-rw-r--r--. 1 4294967294 4294967294          0 Feb 25 16:26 me.iso
-rw-r-----. 1 4294967294 4294967294 3591360512 Feb 24 14:14
OracleLinux-R6-U2-Server-x86_64-dvd.iso

The only difference I can see is the 644 and 640 permissions. Let me change
the real .iso to 644 and see what happens. I changed the permissions to be
both 644 on the ovirt engine, but when I look at the node, the permissions
on the real ISO file is still 640. And vdsClient doesn't show it.

Oh, wait! I ran the above vdsClient and "ls -l" as root on the node. root
could not change the permissions on the ISO, so I switched to run as vdsm.
When I look at things when running as vdsm, both the permissions and
vdsClient look the same for both files:


bash-4.2$ ls -l
total 3507192
-rw-r--r--. 1 4294967294 4294967294          0 Feb 25 16:26 me.iso
-rw-r--r--. 1 4294967294 4294967294 3591360512 Feb 24 14:14
OracleLinux-R6-U2-Server-x86_64-dvd.iso
bash-4.2$ history|grep vdsC
   34  history|grep vdsC
bash-4.2$ vdsClient -s 0 getIsoList f465251e-5679-11e1-ba81-97917332892e
------ ISO list with proper permissions only -------
me.iso
OracleLinux-R6-U2-Server-x86_64-dvd.iso

Oh! I just looked back at the admin portal, and it sees both ISO files now.
But I haven't touched the real one that I never could see all along.

Now, I'm really confused, so let me summarize what I did:

>From the ovirt-engine, I did "touch me.iso" to create a new iso file, and
did a chown to 36:36.
The me.iso, and NOT the real one, showed up in the admin portal.
>From the node, as root, I did the "ls -l" which showed me.iso with
permissions as 644, but the real ISO showed 640.
>From the node, I tried, as root, to change the real ISO permissions to 644.
It wouldn't let me.
>From the node, I switched to run as vdsm, to try to change the permissions.
But, as vdsm, "ls -l" showed both files as 644.
I looked back at admin portal, after doing all this, and refereshed the
ISODomain images panel. BOTH files showed up.

As best I can tell, the only thing I did was to manually create the me.iso
file and do the chown.
_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@ovirt.org
http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/listinfo/users

Reply via email to