Hey guys, sorry for multiple recent question. I'm biting down hard on Sling
right now and hitting tons of learning curve and growing pains.

My problem: If I create a fresh instance of MongoDB, and connect multiple
fresh instances of Sling to it (each running in a separate tomcat instance),
they all plug-and-play happily. They just discover each other and my
clusterview is very stable at /system/console/topology.

However, if I used the cluster for a while (deploy some OSGI bundles, create
some JCR content) and *then* connect a new sling instance, what happens is
that all of the current instances shut down (they literally send a shut down
signal to tomcat's shut down port) and then the single new instance votes
itself as the new leader, and only member, of a new 1-instance cluster.

Is this a known issue? Do I need to "prime" my new member with the current
state of the cluster before connecting it to the cluster or something
(perhaps by uploading all the bundles and content that has been uploaded to
the cluster?)