Yes, I mean your application code. In my experience, the actual Sling
launchpad is not very useful by itself except as a learning tool. In any
real-world case, you will end up creating your own launchpad by taking the
standard Sling launchpad and adding additional bundles to it.

And while yes, you can certainly deploy code to a running Sling instance,
the trend seems to be away from this (except for development) and towards
immutable instances.