Hey Andreas,

Have you checked the log files? The Sling Content Importer will log any
errors encountered in installing content when the bundle is installed. In
general, that concept should be fine, but it would depend on the exact
structure.

There are a couple of Sling-based apps out there which do leverage bundle
content you may want to check out as examples:

https://github.com/auniverseaway/slick-2/tree/master/ui.apps
https://github.com/nateyolles/publick-sling-blog/tree/master/ui

-Dan