Hi Mic,

The osgi.ee capabilities are exposed by newer versions of Java if they were
compatible. So frameworks running under Java 7, Java 8 (and hopefully Java
9) will also expose the JavaSE capability version 1.6.

More background on this versioning concept which is applied to OSGi
'Portable Contracts' as well here:
https://www.osgi.org/portable-java-contract-definitions/

Best regards,

David