On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Mike Loiterman wrote:

I periodically get these errors in my log and when I do the messages are not
scanned.

What's going on and how do I stop it?

This isn't an SA issue. It has to do with how your MTA deals with your LDA (probably procmail)

Make sure that the LDA doesn't generate too much output to send back to
your MTA. I solved this by increasing timeouts in sendmail including
Timeout.quit=4m
Timeout.misc=3m
Timeout.control=3m

YMMV

 David Stern                                    University of Maryland
           Institute for Advanced Computer Studies