Hello,

I have a question regarding how Tomcat starts up under the system account
and local user account in Windows. I had a Tomcat service that would start
fine under the system account, but once I configured it to start under the
local user account, I received a JVM_Bind exception. I looks like the
Tomcat was not able to access the shutdown port configured.

I figured it was a port conflict, another service was using the same port.
So, I changed the port so there was no conflict, and Tomcat started up okay
again. But I'm still wondering why Tomcat was able to start up with the
system account even with the same port conflict.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You,
Tou Vue