Hello

I am having below query for tomcat 8.5.15 version. Please help.

I am using tomcat 8.5.15 and my network is supporting both ipv4 and ipv6
address stacks. However, I want tomcat to listen to only ipv6 address (not
ipv4).

I was trying to find the solution on google and reached to tomcat's manual
- http://library.bec.ac.in/docs/config/http.html. On this page, the address
attribute description says ------->

For servers with more than one IP address, this attribute specifies which
address will be used for listening on the specified port. By default, the
connector will listen all local addresses. Unless the JVM is configured
otherwise using system properties, the Java based connectors (NIO, NIO2)
will listen on both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses when configured with either
0.0.0.0 or ::. The APR/native connector will only listen on IPv4 addresses
if configured with 0.0.0.0 and will listen on IPv6 addresses (and
optionally IPv4 addresses depending on the setting of ipv6onlyv6) if
configured with ::.

According to above description, with the use of ipv6onlyv6, tomcat will
listen only on ipv6 address,  I tried below combination --

*<Connector port="8080"
protocol="HTTP/1.1" connectionTimeout="20000" redirectPort="8443"
address="::" ipv6v6only="true"/>*

Above combination worked flawlessly in windows machine. but when I am using
the combination in linux suse, it's not working. This combination is not
blocking ipv4 address stack, in linux suse. Tomcat is listening to both
ipv6 and ipv4 address stacks.

Below is linux system details (via uname -a) --

Linux ip-10-1-29-39.ec2.internal 3.12.49-1-default #1 SMP Fri Dec 11
11:36:56 UTC 2015 (6571a4b) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux