I have noticed that in Tomcat 8.5.15 on the Windows Server 2008
Operating System that the way that tomcat presents user certificates
has changed. I have a trust store that I use on the tomcat 8.5.14
version that has only DoD intermediate Email certificates which makes
it so when users go to the site they are prompted for only their email
cert. When upgrading to 8.5.15 I used the same trust store and it now
prompts for all certificates on the computer. I am not sure if that is
intended behavior or an oversight but it is kind of confusing to users
to be presented certificates that they can't use. Another reason for
having them only select the email cert is that only the email
certificate contains the information that we need to get their user
ID. I want to see if anyone else is having this issue or if anyone has
noticed that when specifying a trust store in Tomcat 8.5.15 that it
will present the user with all the certificates they have rather than
only the ones that the trust store will accept. To rule out an issue
with my server xml I have installed both 8.5.15 and 8.5.14 on the
server and used the exact same server.xml file and I see that the
8.5.14 version will ask the user for only 1 cert and that the 8.5.15
version will ask the user for all certs. If anyone has a fix for this
or might know what is going on or if there is an extra configuration
needed that would be helpful.