Marc,

On 6/21/17 2:04 PM, Marc Dorsa wrote:
> Thank you Mark for clarifying that SSLv3 is *not* supported (at
> all) in Tomcat 8.5+.  Wow, if only I had known that (via the Tomcat
> docs), I could have saved days of research and experimentation.
> :-(
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+enable+sslv3+in+tomcat

?

- -chris

Hi Chris,

Very funny :) , however, the articles out there on the Web re: this issue
(stackoverflow, etc.), including the Tomcat 8.5 docs, all suggest fairly simple
steps to enable SSLv3 in Tomcat (after first enabling it in the Java 8 JVM). I
didn't see any information or comments stating that SSLv3 was permanently
*disabled* starting with Tomcat 8.5 (as Mark Thomas just suggested).   If you
believe what I just stated is not correct, please clue me in!

Thanks,
Marc