On 04/08/17 10:49, S Abirami wrote:

<snip/>

> but the method call of = Tomcat.addwebapp(contextpath,docpath); itself
> triggering this exception.
> So whatever I need to do before addwebapp.

>From the Javadoc:
This is equivalent to adding a web application to Tomcat's webapps
directory. The equivalent of the default web.xml will be applied to the
web application and any WEB-INF/web.xml and META-INF/context.xml
packaged with the application will be processed normally. Normal web
fragment and javax.servlet.ServletContainerInitializer processing will
be applied.

It looks like you either want:
To specify more config in META-INF/context.xml

which is exactly what you'd do if running on a standard Tomact instance
or use:

addWebapp(Host, String, String, LifecycleListener)

which will give you more control over the configuration because you can
provide the LifecycleListener or you want one of the addContext()
methods which won't do anything automatically and requires you to set
everything programmatically.

Mark