Jeff Montgomey wrote:
I am running a report from dnsreports.com for my domain cpsi-mis.com

I am getting a couple of fails that I need to work out. *Fail

Missing (stealth) nameservers

*

I think this might be the problem: I am not getting the ns entry with vegasdns (or maybe I don't understand dns fully) My DNS server is ns-atl-b.cpsinet.com but I cannot enter that as a NS record. I will enter in as ns-atl-b.cpsinet.com.cpsi-mis.com. How can this be resolved?

The next error is
*Stealth NS record leakage
*

What is this and how can I plug the leak?

I am also getting a warn about this:
WARNING: Your SOA (Start of Authority) record states that your *master* (primary) name server is: *68.17.65.220.*. However, that server is not listed at the parent servers as one of your NS records! This is probably legal, but you should be sure that you know what you are doing.

and this:

WARNING: Your SOA serial number is: *1134711922*. That is OK, but the recommended format (per RFC1912 <http://www.DNSstuff.com/pages/rfc1912.htm> 2.2) is YYYYMMDDnn, where 'nn' is the revision. For example, if you are making the 3rd change on 02 May 2000, you would use 2000050203. This number *must* be incremented every time you make a DNS change.

Your SOA serial appears to be the number of seconds since midnight 01 Jan 1970 when the last DNS change was made (tinydns format). That works out to be *Fri Dec 16 00:45:22 2005 * GMT.

Thaks for the help in clearing these up.  Great product by the way.

Make sure you have A records for the name servers. That will definitely cause problems if you don't.

Regards,

Bill