On Oct 6, 2007, at 1:57 AM, Daniel Grant wrote:

Whats your paypal address ?

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Any update on the vegadns project ... My admins are asking me to update to the 1.1.6 version - but I have been putting it off because its development. Would you mind letting me know if in your opinion its suitable for a production environment ...

Do not use 1.1.6 in production.  It's not complete.

I've made lots of progress. The source is available via sourceforge (svn browser). I'm pretty much doing a rewrite using a PHP 5 MVC framework. So some of the code is being preserved, but things are being re-organized. At this point, domains and records work, but user/group editing has not been ported, neither has import/export. So it's a ways off. But this new version will be way more maintainable.

Some of the key new features are:

1) MVC Framework, with a single point of entry.
2) PEAR based wherever it makes sense. Forms are now handled by HTML_Quickform, also using Net_DNS, Net_IPv4 and Net_IPv6. 3) DNS modification methods are now abstracted from the "modules". Not only does this make the page "modules" easier to maintain, but it opens up possibility of "web services" type access. 4) Using jQuery for some more modern interface things, like collapsable menus, and perhaps will use thickbox for adding domains.

That's all for now. No ETA at the moment, as I'm on a very committed full time project right now.

Regards,

Bill