On Wednesday, August 31, 2016 20:05:27 Kaimbridge M. GoldChild wrote:
> In terms of temperature measurement, it would seem that both the
> Fahrenheit *and* Celsius scales are flawed.
> In angle measurement, there is the raw radian—where 1 radian
> along a circleʼs circumference equals its radius—and two other,
> more user friendly magnitudes, the degree (D°) and centesimal
> degree, or gradian (Hᵍ):
>
>      1ᵍ = .9°;  1° = 1.111111...ᵍ;
>
>      Right Angle =  90° = 100ᵍ;
>   Straight Angle = 180° = 200ᵍ;
>       Full Angle = 360° = 400ᵍ;
>
> There are two modern temperature scales in use today, both based
> on angle measurement, and each having two different
> rates/intervals with different baselines or “offsets”—two for
> degrees (Fahrenheit, “°F”, and Rankine, “°R”) and two for
> gradians (Celsius, “°C”, and Kelvin, “K”, with no “ᵍ” or “°”).
> Both Rankine and Kelvin are based on 0 being absolute zero (i.e.,
> all thermal motion ceases), while Celsius is based on 0 being the
> freezing point of water and Fahrenheit being the lowest freezing
> point for brine (a specific salt water mixture).
> One flaw (or at least discrepancy) is that the freezing-boiling
> point spread for Fahrenheit is 180°/200ᵍ (a straight angle),
> while for Celsius it is only 90°/100ᵍ (a right angle).

Degrees of temperature have nothing to do with degrees of angle. There are
also degrees Brix and degrees Baumé, which have nothing to do with temperature
or angle.

> And with Fahrenheit, there is the “+32” offset.
> Back when they adjusted and made Celsius the SI temperature
> standard, wouldnʼt it have been better to create a “straight
> angle” degree/gradian set (where º = Crtl+Shft+BA
> and ᵍ = Crtl+Shft+1D4D), D°S or just Dº equals HᵍS or just Hᵍ,

What OS and desktop environment are you using? On mine, I type ° by typing
compose-o-o.

Pierre

--
The gostak pelled at the fostin lutt for darfs for her martle plave.
The darfs had smibbed, the lutt was thale, and the pilter had nothing snave.