Don,

So what exactly will be the new handle for the list?  u...@lists.colostate.edu?

John

At 14:50 2016-09-21, Hillger,Donald wrote:
Changes coming next week to the listserver, on 28 September! -----Original Message----- From: Jo Zwack [mailto:jzw...@colostate.edu] Sent: Wednesday, 21 September, 2016 13:48 To: Hillger,Donald <don.hill...@colostate.edu> Subject: Mailman list changes in ONE WEEK This email is to remind you as a list owner that one week from today we will be making a minor change to Mailman. Beginning September 28th, at 9 AM, list addresses will be in the format listn...@lists.colostate.edu instead of the current listn...@colostate.edu. THIS WILL AFFECT ALL CURRENT AND FUTURE LISTS. At 9 AM, there will be a brief Mailman outage where any messages sent to a list will be held until the outage is over. While this is not expected to take long, we highly recommend delaying sending out list messages until at least 10 AM, as the service may be temporarily unpredictable. The ultimate reason we are making this change is to help ACNS simplify the management of the University mailing lists. This will also help to better assure that emails are received by all list members and are not dropped. Messages sent from a mailing list will be more easily identifiable, since "lists" will be explicitly in the address. What to Expect: Starting September 28th, any email sent to the original list addresses will be returned as non-deliverable. Users will receive an automated email informing them of the change and to resend to the proper "lists.colostate.edu". And We Need Your Help: We are asking list owners to inform their subscribers of this change; assuming they are lists where end users are able to send messages to the entire group. If it is a restricted list where only several individuals are able to send, it is up to the list owner to decide if sharing this information is valuable. We will send one more reminder next Tuesday, the 27th, of this change. Any questions can be sent to joanna.zw...@colostate.edu. We are looking forward to having our email systems working more efficiently! Jo Zwack Program Assistant Academic Computer & Networking Services Colorado State University joanna.zw...@colostate.edu (970) 491-3155 _______________________________________________ USMA mailing list USMA@colostate.edu https://lists.colostate.edu/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usma

John Dunlop
jrdun...@igc.org personal email
612-374-2181 home phone