Jonathan,

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 4:19 PM, jonathan d p ferguson
<j...@sunforge.com> wrote:
> hi.
>
> On Jan 15, 2010, at 9:57 AM, Andrew Tomczak ---- Act Locally. Connect
> Globally. Burlington Telecom: It's Your Network. wrote:
>>
>> Check out what showed up in my email this morning:
>> http://www.leg.state.vt.us/docs/2010/Bills/Intro/H-516.pdf
>
> Should VAGUE write a joint letter of support for this bill?

In the spirit of free/open source software, why don't we instead each
contribute our own opinion to the discussion rather than having a
concerted VAGUE effort? I'll start. Here's my blog post on the subject
which I've forwarded on to one of my representatives, David Zuckerman
(who co-sponsored the bill):

http://bradley-holt.blogspot.com/2010/01/open-source-and-open-standards-bill.html

I'm sure there are plenty of different opinions on the subject, even
within VAGUE. If this is something you think is important then contact
your representatives and let them know.

Thanks,
Bradley
  • ... Andrew Tomczak ---- Act Locally. Connect Globally. Burlington Telecom: It's Your Network.