Vala has first rate asynchronous code through the use of GLib's GMainContext
event loop and the async keyword. The next Vala release, 0.36 at the end of

March, will see Vala async code using GLib's GTask instead of GSimpleAsync.
This is a significant contribution to Vala development. So anyone saying
Vala is dead is not paying close enough attention.

As for web application frameworks take a look at these two:
https://github.com/valum-framework
http://www.ambitionframework.org/wiki

Regards,

Al