Hi Christian,

> Some of us in GNOME have spent many years writing programming languages
> and runtimes. Therefore our view is somewhat nuanced and opinionated.

As mine is ;-)

But I don't understand why the Gnome guys effectively ditch vala (as it
appears to me, maybe I'm wrong?). I simply can't find any real reason
for this.

Gjs is of course a good choice for small Gnome Desktop apps, but why not
favor BOTH? Vala and Gjs would be a perfect team I think in different areas.

I REALLY don't want (and can't ;-) ) force someone at Gnome to do
anything they don't want to do but it's a pity Vala don't receive more
support from Gnome.

> Congrats! Builder is about 200k of C and it's taken me the past 2 years
> to get there.

To be honest, a colleague has written 3/4 of it, so my part is only
50.000 LOC (mostly system level code), but total LOC is 200.000.

For performance and resource reasons, there was no other option than
Vala (maybe except C, but this would have been 500.000 LOC).