Hi Al, hi list,

On 20.04.2017 18:40, Al Thomas wrote:
> I would create a single configuration object that implements multiple
> interfaces. The interfaces allow settings to be grouped. So the single object
> is
> passed around, but a specific interface is given as the type for the argument
>
> a service object constructor. This also makes it easier to test a service
> object because you need to pass a dummy configuration that only matches the
>
> interface and not the whole configuration object.
I prepared that config.vala [1].

In general it looks like, that:

public string home = Environment.get_home_dir ();

public string publican_home {get {_pathhome = home +
(string)Path.DIR_SEPARATOR + "/publisher-projects"; return _pathhome;}}

can't used because of it itn't instancable. But how can i work with such
pathes instead?

Also i added a metod which imports the settings from the gsettings
schema and connects this to its properties from the interface. Is the
implementation usable in that case? It would be great, that the
gsettings and the defined pathes are useable inside each other class.

Greetings
Sascha

[1] https://github.com/saigkill/gnome-publisher/blob/master/src/config.vala

--