GOA: Jack Siqueir - Father of Opinion Poll (with short comedy video)

  Late Dr. Jack de Sequeira (for most of us his name is ‘Jak Siker’)  I may not
 know much of him but I do know that Goa which is GOA now would have been
Maharastra if Dr. Jack Sequeira  along with the people of Goa did not fight for
maintaining our Goa’s identity by going for the  historic  opinion poll about
40 years ago.

  I salute Dr. Jack De Sequeira.

  Yesterday, on the eve of 40TH Opinion Poll Day, there was a beautiful
programe, a musical show,  organized by KSSKK (Konkani Sangit Somajik Kala
Kendra) Taleigao at KA, Panjim-Goa, in memory of  late Dr. Jack de Sequeira
(Father of Opinion Poll).

  It was in the KA’s open air  hall where crowed was full to its capacity. If
the seating capacity of the hall is 2000 then there were at least 2400. All
seats were occupied and people seen sitting on the flloor, steps, virtually
there was no room to move around not even the two long alleyways. (we too
seated on a bare floor/steps).

  Lawry, Wilmix-Sharon, Peter-Roshan, Joe Rose were some of the popular actors
sang two songs each. There was one trio by MIL-MEL-NEL  titled and dress like
‘Ami Sogle Ghantti’ They were called twice. There were some kids singers too.
One Kevin D’ Mello dressed like Konknno with Pudvem and sang a song comparing
Tiatr and Natok. He too got a big round of public applause.
  There was comedy show too..

  There was also a bashonn from Churchill and Wilmix (Wilson)

  People in the front row were Dr. Jack Sequeira’s Daughter (Dr. Lilly & her
husband), Pe. Conceissao, Churchill, Joseph Sequeira (Calangute Sarpanch) etc
etc

  Today, the 16TH January 2007,   there is an installation ceremony of life
size statue of Dr. Jack de Sequeira at Panchayat Junction, Nr. Village
Panchayat Calangute at 11 am.

  Please note: This Statue does not come from the Goa Government but it seems
coming from Mr. Joseph Sequeira, Sarpanch (with members) and other well wishers.

  Well done KSSKK &  Santan H Vieagas Taleigao.
  Well done Joseph Sequeira of Calangute and many others.

  Finally, on this occasion, I present to you, a short video comedy by Goa’s
popular stage comedians Agostinho & Ambe. (2 minutes).
   http://youtube.com/watch?v=VhE4AjIR0uQ

  Long Live Goa
  Amchem Goem Amkam Zai, sodanch zai
  Goa  Zindabad.
  Jai Goa

  http://youtube.com/watch?v=VhE4AjIR0uQ

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  for Goa & NRI related info...

Konkani Songs, Goan Photos, Tiatr/Film VCDs, Bank interest rates etc etc
   (for updates etc click below)