authdaemond works for me, however IP Alias doesn't work since
the IP information is passed via environment variables.  The
authdaemon protocol doesn't take into account any of the
environment variables set by couriertcpd, so your missing some
of the critical information.  I've mentioned this on the courier
list as well, however it didn't appear anyone cared...

If you disable authdaemond (and have it fork/exec each login
request), then it works fine.  Its just not scalable (and I'm
getting into that problem now when I hit about 20-25 authentications
per second).

Thanks,

Brian

  > Are you using authdaemon? I believe disabling auth daemon at compile time
  > fixes the problem too. compile with:
  >
  > --without-authdaemon \
  > --with-vchkpw
  >
  > when compiling courier-imap.
  >
  > I don't use authdaemon, and I don't have any troubles. This is an on-going
  > list discussion.
  >

  > On Monday 25 November 2002 11:11, Dzuy Nguyen wrote:
  > > There is a bug in vchkpwd in vpopmail 5.2.1.  Version 5.3.x seems to fix
  > > it.
  > >
  > > [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
  > > >I am using a qmail/vpopmail/courier-imap mail solution.  After
  > > >re-installing courier-imap, the first few times, imap sessions to work
and
  > > >authenticate, but after awhile, authentication fails and I get nothing
but
  > > >LOGIN FAILED messages in my maillog.  A reboot of the server will fix it
  > > >for a short time; however, it keeps happening.  Has anyone had this occur
  > > >before or have a possible solution?
  > > >
  > > >I am running these versions:
  > > >FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE
  > > >Qmail - 1.03_1