Sounds like a possible permissions problem, or maybe a problem with the path?

I assume you have your qmail run script for the submission service (port 587)
calling vchkpw.  Does that user have enough privileges to launch vchkpw, and is
vchkpw a setuid binary?  I'm trying to remember how vchkpw is able to read
/home/vpopmail/etc/vpopmail.mysql without that file being visible to other
users -- it's been a long time since I worked with that code.

-Tom

On Oct 22, 2012, at 2:27 AM, kengheng wrote:

> Hi All, I've setup a vpopmail at a svr and wish to perform smtp auth to
> another mysql svr at other host.
>
> I've changed the /home/vpopmail/etc/vpopmail.mysql as below:
> <remote_ip>|3306|vpopmail|vpoppass|vpopdb
>
> but I keep on receiving this err msg:
> vchkpw-submission: vpopmail user not found a...@test.com:127.0.0.1
>
> However if I perform vuserinfo a...@test.com, I can retrieve the result.
>
> Note, the vpopmail svr has no mysql installed.
>
> Thanks.

!DSPAM:50861a9d34171441059927!