dammit, one more try without "ny lizards" domain...
with apologies for the numerous resends, and thanks.

----- Forwarded message from j...@3zzz.net -----

I realized this probably didn't get through due to the spammy domains in the example, so resending an edited version.
tyvmia

----- Forwarded message from j...@3zzz.net -----

Hi,

This is on a server with

 netqmail-1.06
 qmailadmin-1.2.15
 vpopmail - 5.4.30

Recently I began noticing many bounce-backs triggered from spam to non-existent addresses on domains with "catch-all" set to deleted, and in the message it says "mail is looping". Example pasted below.

I'm unable to recreate this by sending to these addresses myself, maybe it's the way the "To" addresses are formatted by the spammers?

They don't seem to be abusing the bounce-back (yet) but they're coming in pretty often, more than once a minute, and it's generating a lot of junk. Haven't yet been able to figure out why it's happening or how to stop it from bouncing.
Would greatly appreciate suggestions, thank you.

/var/qmail/queue/mess/7/786699