Hello,

I've checked on my own install . it's indeed the right permissions

drwxrwx---  9 vpopmail vchkpw   4.0K Feb 21  2012 vpopmail

With the command "ls -lah /home/vpopmail/" you should have

drwx------ 150 vpopmail vchkpw 4.0K Apr 10 16:29 domains

If you have at least one working domain it should be

ls -lah /home/vpopmail/domains

drwx------   7 vpopmail vchkpw 4.0K Jul 29  2012 thibs.com

Normally the vpopmail user should look like this

grep vpopmail /etc/passwd

vpopmail:x:89:89:Vpopmail (virtual domains)
user:/home/vpopmail:/usr/sbin/nologin

How do you try to create the domain ?

By command line you should use

/home/vpopmail/bin/vadddomain test.com username

As it seems you are using my guide, could you please do :

chmod +x /downloads/scripts/qmr_inst_check
/downloads/scripts/qmr_inst_check

and tell me the result

Best Regards

Thibault a.k.a Thibs