Tom,

Thanks for the reply.  Of course, sorry for the naïve query.  Yes we use
qmailadmin to allow password changes by end users.

And we’ve just found a writeup here:

http://mugurel.sumanariu.ro/qmail/qmailadmin-check-if-password-is-strong-enough/

but it seems a little dodgy.

There isn’t by any chance a build time variable for qmail admin or something a
little more within the source tree than the above patch method?

Thanks again for your reply.

Sincerely,

Peter Brezny
Purplecat Networks Inc.