Citat Martin Geisler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I've looked at the GMPY code, and it is a fairly straightforward
> wrapper for the GMP library, as you describe.
>
> But I don't know if it makes it easier for us to benchmark just
> because it is split into its own C code...
I never said it would. If you use this approach, it is easy to see how much is
spent on the dangerous arithmetic, but I guess a profiler could tell you how
much time Python spends on the functions implementing the operators anyway.

It is not completely unimaginable, however, that someone would want to know how
much actually goes on inside gmpy (arithmetic on big numbers, the data) and how
much goes on outside (counting variables, various kinds of overhead).