Tord Ingolf Reistad <to...@stud.ntnu.no> writes:

Hi Tord

> An off topic question about how to write "Secure Multiparty
> Compuations", should it be "multiparty" or "multi-party"
>
> The front page of VIFF.dk uses "multi-party", but resent papers such
> as "Multiparty computation goes live" uses the other version. So
> which should we go for, which should be the standard?

Excellent question! :-) I have also been annoyed by this...

Originally I always wrote "multi-party" as you see it on the VIFF
homepage, but Ivan told me that a native English speaker had
complained to him about the hyphen (not on the homepage, but in a
paper by Ivan). So now I'm writing "multiparty" instead.

I still insist on using "MP" as an abbreviation, just like you would
abbreviate "database" as "DB" and not just "D". So for me it's "SMPC"
and not just "SMC".

--
Martin Geisler

VIFF (Virtual Ideal Functionality Framework) brings easy and efficient
SMPC (Secure Multiparty Computation) to Python. See: http://viff.dk/.