Hi!

I'm trying to do some basic benchmarks with different number of players. A few questions:

1. Why have VIFF defined the threshold t to be the number of corrupt players, while the classical literature defines it as "t participants can reconstruct the message"?

2. Say I create the config files this way:
python generate-config-files.py -n 5 -t 2 localhost:9001 localhost:9002 localhost:9003 localhost:9004 localhost:9005

Would this indicate that the polynomial is quadratic (of degree 2) and that 3 players in theory could reconstruct some secret?

3. Assume three of these five players provide input, while the last two players do not. Will all players still participate in the actual computation, or are the last two just passive spectators and receives only the output?

håvard