I have been scouring the web for a solution to my problem to no avail. I am
running Debian testing v3 with vnc4server and trying to access it with
vnc4viewer.
 I enter $vnc4viewer, then in the "vnc server" field I enter "localIP:1" ( the
server name is debian:1), I edit the options to share, then I click OK. I then
get a message "unable to connect to host: Connection refused (111)". I have
confirmed the IPaddresses, the sever is up.
 I have also tried many different command line options.
 $xvnc4viewer LocalIP:pid#
 $xvnc4viewer -via=srvlisten# LocalIP:1 -passwd=******** -Shared -Fullscreen
 $xvnc4viewer LocalIP:1
 to name a few.
 All help would be appreciated.
 The log reads
 Sat Sep 9 21:44:56 2006
 vncext: VNC extension running!
 vncext: Listening for VNC connections on port 5901
 vncext: created VNC server for screen 0
 error opening security policy file /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xserver/SecurityPolicy
 Could not init font path element unix/:7100, removing from list!
 Could not init font path element /usr/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic, removing from
list!
 Could not init font path element /usr/lib/X11/fonts/CID, removing from list!

 Fatal server error:
 could not open default font 'fixed'
 XIO: fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server ":1.0"
 after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
 Warning: Failed to open file(/usr/share/fluxbox/nls/en_US/fluxbox.cat)
 for translation, using default messages.
 vncconfig: unable to open display ":1"
 Error: Couldn't connect to XServer

 (gnome-terminal:14651): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: