I'm noticing a RealVNC viewer issue when running VNC over an SSL VPN connection
versus an SSH connection.
Under the SSL VPN that desktop connects and is displayed properly. The desktop
window manager is Ubuntu Unity-2D. When I left click on the file browser icon,
no problem that works fine. When I left click on Ubuntu Dash icon, the entire
desktop session is disconnected and the VNC server is terminated.

I have a similar SSH VNC session that does not exhibit any problematic
behavior.

Does anyone have any clues on what may be happening? I suspected something
relative to the mouse and keyboard mappings, but I have been unable to identify
anything specific that will correct the problem.

Kind regards, Marc

J. Marc Edwards, Lead Architect
Semiconductor Design Portals
Nimbis Services, Inc.