Hi, Todd.

If you are running Windows XP and you right click on the Windows taskbar and
select Properties,  then a "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" window should
pop up.  On the Taskbar tab of the window, you should see a "Keep the taskbar
on top of other windows" option.  If you uncheck that and click OK, then the
VNC Viewer (and other application windows) should begin to cover the Windows
taskbar.

I hope that helps?

- Steve