My view of LENR is predicated on the control of the quarks inside of
matter. If these quarks can be manipulated and managed, control of matter
at any arbitrary distance might one day be possible.

Atomic weapons could be disabled at a distance when the fissile elements
are transmuted into non fissile ones by a muon beam. The atmosphere of
venus could be modified to remove the Co2 so that Venus could be made
habitable.

The core of Mars could be reactivated with nuclear fire to restore the
magnetic shield that once protected its atmosphere in the first step at
terraforming Mars into someplace that can be colonized by mankind. Then Co2
could be created to start a heated atmosphere to heat Mars to livable
temperatures.

The there is near light speed spacecraft engines that become possible to
build that are driven by bear light speed subatomic particles.

The energy source that the work of Holmlid is exploring might prove to make
interstellar travel practicable. Holmlid first assumed that the energy
produced by the reaction he was studding was some sort of hot fusion
reaction activated by laser ignition. But when Holmlid studied the type of
sub atomic particles that were being generated, he recognized that fusion
could not generate the huge amount of power that the reaction was
producing. For example, Holmlid detected Kaon triplet generation. He
postulates that two protons are being destabilized into decay to produce
three kaons and 390 MeV of binding energy. This very same proton decay
reaction was one of the target reaction searched for by the Super-Kamiokande
proton decay detector to prove that protons must decay in support of grand
unification supersymmetric theory.

The proton is assumed to be absolutely stable in the Standard Model.
However, the Grand Unified Theories (GUTs) predict that protons can decay
into lighter energetic charged particles such as electrons, muons, pions or
others which can be observed. Kamiokande helps to rule out some of the
theories. Super-Kamiokande is currently the largest detector for
observation of proton decay.

The proton decay action could increase the energy yield by 100,000 over
what was postulated in the Bussard ramjet interstellar system.

The Bussard ramjet is a theoretical method of interstellar spacecraft
propulsion proposed in 1960 by the physicist Robert W. Bussard. Bussard
proposed a ramjet variant of a fusion rocket capable of reasonable
interstellar travel, using enormous electromagnetic fields (ranging from
kilometers to many thousands of kilometers in diameter) as a ram scoop to
collect and compress hydrogen from the interstellar medium.

When proton decay is used as a power source for the Ramjet, once the
hydrogen is collected, it is isotopically purified and the deuterium is
stored in a separate container. The purified hydrogen then enters storage
to even out the collection of interstellar gas. This storage strategy will
enable the ramjet to maneuver freely in space without concern for
variations in the density of residual hydrogen throughout space. From
storage the hydrogen gas is metered into a Holmlid reaction chamber were
the hydrogen is ignited into a high energy plasma via the catalyzed
reaction.

Since the continued propulsion of a proton powered ramjet spaceship is
dependent on interstellar hydrogen, the nature of interstellar hydrogen is
the main issue of concern when designing such a spaceship. Two aspects of
particular interest are the overall density and the isotopic composition of
the interstellar hydrogen. The overall density controls the rate at which
proton reactions can take place relative to the craft's speed and the size
of the scoop's area. The isotopic composition determines which reaction
pathway is best to use

The interstellar density of hydrogen is 0.86 atoms/cm3. At a minimum, the
energy gain relationship determined by Holmlid  was found to be 390 MeV per
each diproton reaction (two hydrogen atoms). For deuterium fusion, only 10
MeV can be generated per reaction. In the proton reaction, The remainder of
the proton mass and associated electrons are used as reaction mass. From
this info, the scoop volume might be calculated as of function of
spacecraft speed. The faster you go the more hydrogen that you can harvest.

There is a minimum takeoff speed required before the sustainable energy
relationship is met and the scoop volume may be reduced as the Ramjet
accelerates.

There is more mass/energy content in deuterium which is about 1 atom out of
5000 captured.

When fusion produces power for the Ramjet, only deuterium can be used. When
proton decay provides power to the Ramjet, all hydrogen isotopes can be
used and much of the energy content of the protons can be converted into
energy.

Holmlid uses a potassium doped Shell 105 ethylene catalyst with graphene as
a quantum mechanical template on an iridium substrate to produce
ultra-dense hydrogen via a quantum mechanical effect call Rydberg blockade.
Once formed, metallic hydrogen can be excited into nuclear disassociation
through the application of an EMF stimulus.

I like the proton decay reaction as a basis to support a light speed
capable interstellar motor. As discovered by Holmlid, LENR produces sub
atomic particles, mostly muons and hydrogen nuclear fragments moving at ¾
light speeds. And even better, LENR produces its own energy from muon based
catalyzed fusion as a side reaction. This fusion energy would be used to
sustain the electromagnetic hydrogen collection fields.

For those with an open mind, taking the work of Holmlid seriously might be
the first step in reaching the stars.