This note from Axil reminds me of my friends postings when he was in the manic
phase when all things seem possible and easy to obtain.

________________________________
From: Axil Axil <janap...@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 8, 2017 4:40 PM
To: vortex-l
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Interest in cold fusion has waned

My view of LENR is predicated on the control of the quarks inside of matter. If
these quarks can be manipulated and managed, control of matter at any arbitrary
distance might one day be possible.

Atomic weapons could be disabled at a distance when the fissile elements are
transmuted into non fissile ones by a muon beam. The atmosphere of venus could
be modified to remove the Co2 so that Venus could be made habitable.

The core of Mars could be reactivated with nuclear fire to restore the magnetic
shield that once protected its atmosphere in the first step at terraforming
Mars into someplace that can be colonized by mankind. Then Co2 could be created
to start a heated atmosphere to heat Mars to livable temperatures.

The there is near light speed spacecraft engines that become possible to build
that are driven by bear light speed subatomic particles.

The energy source that the work of Holmlid is exploring might prove to make
interstellar travel practicable. Holmlid first assumed that the energy produced
by the reaction he was studding was some sort of hot fusion reaction activated
by laser ignition. But when Holmlid studied the type of sub atomic particles
that were being generated, he recognized that fusion could not generate the
huge amount of power that the reaction was producing. For example, Holmlid
detected Kaon triplet generation. He postulates that two protons are being
destabilized into decay to produce three kaons and 390 MeV of binding energy.
This very same proton decay reaction was one of the target reaction searched
for by the Super-Kamiokande proton decay detector to prove that protons must
decay in support of grand unification supersymmetric theory.

The proton is assumed to be absolutely stable in the Standard Model. However,
the Grand Unified Theories (GUTs) predict that protons can decay into lighter
energetic charged particles such as electrons, muons, pions or others which can
be observed. Kamiokande helps to rule out some of the theories.
Super-Kamiokande is currently the largest detector for observation of proton
decay.

The proton decay action could increase the energy yield by 100,000 over what
was postulated in the Bussard ramjet interstellar system.

The Bussard ramjet is a theoretical method of interstellar spacecraft
propulsion proposed in 1960 by the physicist Robert W. Bussard. Bussard
proposed a ramjet variant of a fusion rocket capable of reasonable interstellar
travel, using enormous electromagnetic fields (ranging from kilometers to many
thousands of kilometers in diameter) as a ram scoop to collect and compress
hydrogen from the interstellar medium.

When proton decay is used as a power source for the Ramjet, once the hydrogen
is collected, it is isotopically purified and the deuterium is stored in a
separate container. The purified hydrogen then enters storage to even out the
collection of interstellar gas. This storage strategy will enable the ramjet to
maneuver freely in space without concern for variations in the density of
residual hydrogen throughout space. From storage the hydrogen gas is metered
into a Holmlid reaction chamber were the hydrogen is ignited into a high energy
plasma via the catalyzed reaction.

Since the continued propulsion of a proton powered ramjet spaceship is
dependent on interstellar hydrogen, the nature of interstellar hydrogen is the
main issue of concern when designing such a spaceship. Two aspects of
particular interest are the overall density and the isotopic composition of the
interstellar hydrogen. The overall density controls the rate at which proton
reactions can take place relative to the craft's speed and the size of the
scoop's area. The isotopic composition determines which reaction pathway is
best to use

The interstellar density of hydrogen is 0.86 atoms/cm3. At a minimum, the
energy gain relationship determined by Holmlid  was found to be 390 MeV per
each diproton reaction (two hydrogen atoms). For deuterium fusion, only 10 MeV
can be generated per reaction. In the proton reaction, The remainder of the
proton mass and associated electrons are used as reaction mass. From this info,
the scoop volume might be calculated as of function of spacecraft speed. The
faster you go the more hydrogen that you can harvest.

There is a minimum takeoff speed required before the sustainable energy
relationship is met and the scoop volume may be reduced as the Ramjet
accelerates.

There is more mass/energy content in deuterium which is about 1 atom out of
5000 captured.

When fusion produces power for the Ramjet, only deuterium can be used. When
proton decay provides power to the Ramjet, all hydrogen isotopes can be used
and much of the energy content of the protons can be converted into energy.

Holmlid uses a potassium doped Shell 105 ethylene catalyst with graphene as a
quantum mechanical template on an iridium substrate to produce ultra-dense
hydrogen via a quantum mechanical effect call Rydberg blockade. Once formed,
metallic hydrogen can be excited into nuclear disassociation through the
application of an EMF stimulus.

I like the proton decay reaction as a basis to support a light speed capable
interstellar motor. As discovered by Holmlid, LENR produces sub atomic
particles, mostly muons and hydrogen nuclear fragments moving at ¾ light
speeds. And even better, LENR produces its own energy from muon based catalyzed
fusion as a side reaction. This fusion energy would be used to sustain the
electromagnetic hydrogen collection fields.

For those with an open mind, taking the work of Holmlid seriously might be the
first step in reaching the stars.

On Sat, Jul 8, 2017 at 3:50 PM, Che