Edmund Storms stor...@ix.netcom.com
via<http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&ctx=mail&answer=1311182>
eskimo.com
7:48 AM (2 hours ago)
to vortex-l

Joshua, ...You argue that it is not real, but simply the result of many
mistakes made repeatedly by many well trained scientists.

***In order to avoid a straw argument, I ask Joshua if you do argue this?
If so, let's examine the mathematical possibility of so many positive
results arriving by virtue of mistakes.

I would estimate the chance of making a mistake that leads to positive
result to be 1 in 4.  You can use whatever estimate suits your fancy
afterwards.  That means 3 in 4 are genuine, mistake-free positive results,
right?  So let's be even more generous to the argument and make it 1 in 3.
So if 3 independent labs generate positive results due to mistakes, it's 1
in 3^3 or 1 in 27 chance of happening.  In my book, if there was a 1 in 10
chance of a professional scientist generating such errors, he should be
fired; but that's just me.

Since there have been more than 14,700 replications (see below), the chance
of measuring errors or noise causing false positives in replication would
be   1/3 ^ 14700, which is ~10^-5000

Perhaps you do not realize just how ignorant this statement is. The
mathematical definition of Impossible is if something has a chance of
10^-50.   Such a position is a whopping, gigantic, humungous four thousand
Five Hundred and fifty ORDERS OF MAGnitude  less than impossible. I tell
you what, I’ll grant you 3 levels of impossible to be “conservative” with
the numbers (which is about on the order of the number of molecules in the
universe), that is 4400 orders of magnitude less than impossible.

*
https://springerlink3.metapress.com/content/8k5n17605m135n22/resource-secured/?target=fulltext.pdf&sid=xwvgza45j4sqpe3wceul4dv2&sh=www.springerlink.com
*<https://springerlink3.metapress.com/content/8k5n17605m135n22/resource-secured/?target=fulltext.pdf&sid=xwvgza45j4sqpe3wceul4dv2&sh=www.springerlink.com>

    Jing-tang He
• Nuclear fusion inside condense matters
• Frontiers of Physics in China
Volume 2, Number 1, 96-102, DOI: 10.1007/s11467-007-0005-8
This article describes in detail the nuclear fusion inside condense
matters—the Fleischmann-Pons effect, the reproducibility of cold fusions,
self-consistency of cold fusions and the possible applications.

    Note that Jing-tang He found there were 14,700 replications of the Pons
Fleischmann Anomalous Heat Effect.
      *
http://www.boliven.com/publication/10.1007~s11467-007-0005-8?q=(%22David%20J.%20Nagel%22)
*<http://www.boliven.com/publication/10.1007~s11467-007-0005-8?q=(%22David%20J.%20Nagel%22)>