From: Axil Axil
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2016 2:50 PM
To: vortex-l
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Re: LENR and the feline nature of the E-Cat

How do you know that this trial will be a jury trial? Reference?

On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 5:44 PM, Bob Cook <frobertc...@hotmail.com> wrote:

  Axil--

  Rossi has asked for a jury trial.  The judge only listens to the arguments on
either side and decides  if they are appropriate.  The Jury will decide whether
or not the intent of the agreement was met.  I would agree the wording will be
important to the decision of the Jury.  I am not sure what constitutes a
favorable Jury decision in the Fed. Court regarding contractual agreements.
Frequently the understanding of the person that did not write the contract is
more important than the wording of the contract as presented and interpreted by
the party that wrote the contract.

  Any of the documents entered into the record can be review by the members of
the Jury as each chooses I think.   Who authored the Agreement should be able
to be determined by the Jury, if one side or the other wants that information
to be presented.  It may be that the Jury can even ask the Judge to require
that information to be incorporated into the court record.

  It was my impression that the contract was written by IH and edited by Rossi.
 I do not know.  In case of an edited version of a contract, there would be no
deference as to the author I would guess, since both parties would have had a
hand in the wording.  What the intent was in agreeing with certain wording is
all important.  Vague contracts typically do not “old much water.”

  Bob Cook