I will look for the older references.  Certainly Jed has most of them in
the lenr-canr.org database.  Parkhomov's work stemmed from the Lugano
report on Rossi's hotCat - where Parkhomov, a retired Russian physicist,
deduced the fuel as primarily Ni + LAH, and tried it.  He saw credible
excess heat.  You should start by reading the Lugano report's analysis of
the fuel and ash.

The LENR details of this system are unknown, but here is a guess in a
nutshell.  The LiAlH4 breaks down to LiH and Al + nH2 as it is heated.  At
about 680C, both the LiH and the Al are molten and they wet to the Ni,
which is now reduced of oxides by the H2.  The liquid Al also partly acts
as a getter for the the oxygen in the system - taking it out of chemical
play.  LiH is an ionic hydride, consisting of Li+ and H- in the molten
metal.  Wetted to the Ni, the Li-H-Al supplies H- (anions) directly to the
surface of the Ni, wherein a LENR reaction of unknown detail happens.  The
reaction between Ni and H- could well be as Piantelli describes in his
patents.  There are unsubstantiated shifts in the 6Li/7Li isotopic ratio as
well as unsubstantiated isotopic shifts in the Ni and transmutation in the
Ni.

Excess heat seems to have an onset above 900C and Parkhomov's latest
experiments were run at 1200C.  Experiments can exhibit thermal runaway and
burn out the apparatus.

Chemical energy is typically calculated as though the reactants were
supplied with an unknown and unlimited source of free O2 and burned.  The
primary energy is the burning of H2 with O2, then the burning of the Li,
and almost negligible is the chemical energy from burning (oxidizing) the
Ni.  For the 2g of Ni and 0.2g of LAH, I have seen that energy calculated
in the range of 20kJ (but my memory could be off +100%/-50%).  Parkhomov
measured about 100MJ output, about 5000x the chemical energy.