First of all, did you notice that Parkhomov doubled his Ni charge from 1g
to 2g?  So, there is some scaling being tested.  We don't really know if
this reaction scales linearly with the fuel mass or squared or exponential
or what.  There was a report by Jones recently of a large scale runaway, so
caution is advisable.

Note that these simple reactors are prone to thermal runaway, and that is
the biggest impediment to experimental scale-up with the current reactor
design.  Parkhomov states again in his latest paper that attempts to
increase the excess heat resulted in failed reactors (burned up).  More
XH/g of fuel per gram probably can be obtained with the right reactor
design.  However, the 10's of watts he is seeing is a pretty desirable
region to work in experimentally.

Also, the "gain" or COP of the system is somewhat arbitrary.  What is
important is the amount of excess heat power/energy seen.  One can always
design the thermal insulation so that it takes far less input heater power
to get to operating temperature where that same excess heat will be
produced.  Adding that thermal insulation will raise the COP of the system,
but will also make the system more likely to have a thermal runaway.  This
only presents a problem for calorimetry, and even that can be designed
around.  There are common solutions for this type of behavior in product -
it is found in the IC cars we all drive:  once operating temperature is
reached, a controlled fan is used to keep the system temperature from going
higher.  It can be as simple as that in product.